A journey through music history, for training band and narrator
3 spooky pieces for beginner brass band
These eerie (but fun!) pieces for beginner brass are perfect for players who've been learning for around 18 months to 2 years. Each blood-curdling piece is around 2 minutes long, and they can be performed individually or as a set of three.
We've included backing tracks (which sound like they were recorded by the Addams Family) to make practising at home that bit more enjoyable.
As with all our training band music, we've kept the rhythms simple and the range small. Your players will start to use sharps and flats more often, ,with chromatic passages adding to the atmosphere.
Includes simplified Learner Parts, and optional woodwind parts too.
- Grandmother tells a Ghost Story - Kullack
- Danse Macabre - Saint-Saëns
- Baba Yaga - Mussorgsky
- BRASS PARTS
- • 1st & 2nd Cornets / Trumpets in Bb
- • Horn in Eb & F
- • Euph / Bari in Bb treble clef
- • Trombones in Bb treble and C bass clefs
- • Tuba in C (bass clef) plus Basses in Eb and Bb (treble clef)
- 3 PERCUSSION PARTS
- • covering snare drum, cymbals, bass drum
- BEGINNER PARTS
- • for Bb treble clef and C bass instruments
- WOODWIND PARTS
- • Flute, Clarinet, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Bassoon